GRACE HOUSE is Powell River’s Transition House for those who identify as female and for their children and pets. Grace House offers three services, all of which are free and confidential:
- Immediate shelter accommodation when you are in a physically or emotionally unsafe situation.
- A Supportive Recovery Program that gives you the opportunity to take a break from using substances while exploring your next options. We are not a detox nor treatment facility though we offer a brief reprieve in a calm, healing environment.
- Our Contact Options include a help-line or web chat that connect you with our support staff. We will listen, problem-solve and provide information about community resources. We are available for anyone, male or female at anytime, 365 days a year, 24 hours each day.
Our program provides:
- emotional and practical support when you’re experiencing trauma
- anti-violent and recovery-related information, including temporary shelter for yourself, your children or and your pets.
- referrals to other community agencies or programs in Powell River and qathet regional district.
- help creating a Safety Plan specific to you and your situation.
Safety is our priority. We work with persons to manage risks within their lives. Our objective is to assist anyone to overcome unsafe situations. Grace House Support Workers regard our callers as experts in their lives. We aim to empower persons to identify their unmet needs and make their own decisions.
If you are in need of safety, or you are in crisis, or you require support, please call our Help Line at +1.604.485.9773. It is available all of the time.