The SEXUAL ASSAULT SERVICES (SAS) Program provides support to survivors of sexual assault as well as providing prevention and educational services to our community. The SAS Program is accessible and inclusive, with client safety and dignity being our first priority.
- Survivors of Sexual assault of any age and any gender identity (historical and immediate cases, regardless of whether there is a report of sexual assault to the police or authorities)
We provide coordination of services to clients in a safe, respectful way, recognizing the trauma experienced. Clients are empowered to make their own decisions. This program provides:
- In-person support at hospital emergency
- Safety planning and emotional support
- A point of contact between the client, emergency personnel, hospital personnel, and other victim support programs
- Help with filling out forms including the Crime Victim Assistance Program application, Victim Impact Statement, and victim notification registration
- Help in navigating legal services, including police and court system
- On-going assessment of client needs
- Referrals to appropriate supports such as legal advice or counselling support
- Community collaboration with local service providers to provide awareness and prevention training
For information or support, please call +1.604.414.8125.
You may also email us directly here.