POWELL RIVER SPECIALIZED VICTIM SUPPORT SERVICES (Community-Based Victim Services) Program provides support and advocacy for those who have been harmed by power-based crimes. Our services are free and confidential.
We support you in dealing with:
- gender-based violence
- power and control
- domestic violence
- intimate partner violence
- all forms of relationship violence
- elder abuse
- sexual assault (child, youth, adult and historical)
- child abuse
This program provides you with:
- emotional and practical support
- general and justice-related information, including the legal system, court preparation and orientation
- support in completing Victim Impact Statements (VIS) and Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP) applications
- referrals to other supportive community programs
- help in creating a Safety Plan that works for you and your situation.
Safety is our priority, and we will work with you to overcome unsafe situations. SVSS workers are support workers, and we believe that you know your situation best. Our work focuses on empowering you to make your own decisions. We will work with you, whether or not you choose to report to the police.